Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Madhubani Painting




Hello everyone!!!

Hope you all are doing well and busy with your crafty projects and WIPs. I have also few......... noooo, honestly  a lot of  incomplete projects in hand but I don't know why, somehow I am not able to finish them. Frustrated and depressed I decided to keep all my pending work aside and picked up my sketch book, to do some sketching which I haven't done for quite some time now. I had got this book on Madhubani painting, long time back and it seemed the  right time to give it a try.


If we look at the history of Madhubani paintings has its origin in the Madhubani region, in Bihar. The term Madhubani means forest of honey and this style of painting was generally practiced by the women of villages in Madhubani and Mithila region of Bihar. These are characterized by line drawings, geometric patterns, double line border,floral patterns, deities etc. Vibrant in colors these paintings usually depicts Raas Leela, social events like wedding of god goddess etc. Traditionally natural vegetable colors were used but nowadays people use acrylic/fabric colors for the same.


This is a painting of Radha and Krishna. Usually for this particular kind of art form handmade sheet or silk cloth is used, but since I didn't have any of them, I went for  A4 size parchment sheet and acrylic colors. It took me 3 days to finish this and and though I am not a prof. painter I am feeling very happy with the end result.  



They say madhubani is all about vibrant colors, hope fully I have done justice to the same.



 I know it has some flaws but still your opinion does matter. Do give me your feedback. 

Take care and thanks for visiting !!!!




Moushumi








4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors !
    Have a nice and creative day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting anna !!

    You have a lovely day too ...
    Moushumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome !
    You have a wonderful blog and I'm happy to follow u :)
    I'm a new blogger do visit my space...

    Reni
    http://reniscrafts.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...